What happens when you cross a growth hacker with a content marketer in a freaky lab experiment? A new superhero is born!
Meet the content hacker, whose laser focus is creating sharable content to fuel company growth.
What’s growth hacking?
Growth hacking is a marketing technique mostly used by technology startups with little cash. It focuses on low-cost and creative ways to virally gain customers.
In his book Growth Hacker Marketing, Ryan Holiday describes growth hackers as “data scientists meets design fiends meets marketers.”
What’s content marketing?
Content marketing is about offering a steady stream of free, valuable, shareable information to build authority and attract customers.
Blend the two together and you get a powerful approach to landing new clients.
The content hacker:
- Looks for content/audience fit, not product/market fit
- Works to build growth for the bottom line
- Always measures to find success
- Leverages free channels, like social media, to spread the word
- Turns contacts into connections